Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Sugarless, Flourless Cookies? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Happy Friday :) Tonight I'll be dancing again with my soon-to-be-hubby for our last dance lesson. We've been practicing, so hopefully we'll be able to add some dazzle tonight. Our wedding song is Have I Told You Lately by Van Morrison (NOT the Rob Stewart cover) and we'll be doing the social Foxtrot.

Last night I was blog reading and I saw cookies I had to MAKE on Gabriela's blog (http://www.une-vie-saine.com/). They had an oats base with no sugar and no flour. I added coconut and replaced the honey with less than a 1/4 cup of agave. They are stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth delicious. The Aussie loved them too. They could be a good breakfast if you replace the choc chips with raisins.



Lunch was more gardein nuggets. I.am.addicted. I need to go a bit without them, since they are soy-based and I don't think you should go soy crazy.


What's that with the nugs? Well, that is a golden sweet potato. I've never seen them until today, so obviously my interest was peeked. They slice easier than sweet potatoes (a perk!) and the taste is a little different. It tastes like the potato and the sweet potato had a baby.


I didn't mind them, but I think I'll stick to my favs--the sweet potato :)

On the side was a basic tomato and cucumber salad with balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds.


For dessert the Aussie ended his meal with this . . .


And a few of the cookies ;)

Off to pick-up a health book,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment