Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Celebratory Dinner

It's been a bit of a whirlwind day filled with multiple interviews, meeting with the bank, laundry, researching for the jobs, lots of time on public transportation, and a celebratory dinner.

This girl is finally leaving the ranks of the unemployed to become a contributing member of society and her bank account is soon to be very happy (instead of the dried up shriveled mess it is at the moment).

The job isn't a permanent position, but the work is interesting and the location includes great views of the city. I'm really looking forward to it. I was asked to interview yesterday at 5pm, interviewed at 2pm today and was given the job at 4:30pm. Twenty-three hours must be the fastest turn around time ever. I start on Monday, so I guess they had to move fast. I may have told my recruiter I loved her when she gave me the news.

Obviously a dinner was in order once I received the good news (I support any and all reasons to celebrate). We opted for the Burmese House, which we've gone to before. It did not disappoint.

We started with the fermented tea leaf salad.


I ordered the eggplant curry.


And coconut rice.



Plus I got to stare at this face all night.



It was a good night indeed.

I hope your night was as good as mine!
 
Off to zzz land,

B




No comments:

Post a Comment