Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

First Day of Classes

I just spent an eventful morning in Family Law discussing the changes in marriage and the implications for society. Studies show that education and financial stability have an effect on your likelihood of getting divorced. Personally, I think the focus on divorce as an easy out needs to change. Marriage needs to be taken more seriously (says the girl who isn't married yet, haha).

Sunday I gobbled up another green smoothie, but this time it was spinach, 1/2 a cucumber and apple cider. It was darn tasty.



I made an easy vegan squash soup (I just googled the recipe), but I added a lot more veggie broth and seasonings. When you're working with a recipe be sure to taste test to ensure that it's to your liking. And definitely don't be afraid to add more seasonings and even different seasonings, which is what I did. I also had a mug of iced green tea. I'm going to start making my own, instead of buying it (for my purse and the environment)



And dessert, made by the handsome Aussie, is an adaptation of Averie's from Loves Veggies and Yoga raw choc. chip cookie balls. It's has cashews, rolled oats, agave, maple syrup, and black strap molasses. You can really play around with how much of each ingredient you use. They were formed into balls and rolled in coconut and then put in the freezer for 15 mins.



Off to finish the last of my vegan chicken salad :)

Till Tomorrow,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment