Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Creative in the Kitchen

I am standing tall today after two successful creations! I took a swing at healthy choc chip cookies (after I drooled over Fitnessista's amazing heart ones). The Aussie gobbled up my cookies (I baked half and froze half to see which way I liked them; we agreed baked was the winner). He made me attempt oatmeal raisin cookies, which turned out nice as well. Who would have thought cookies without flour or white sugar could be so yummy. Then I made pizza tortillas.

The choc chip cookies were a combination of oats (put through the food processor), baking soda, salt, agave, maple syrup, black strap molasses, and of course vegan choc chips. I literally didn't measure and dont think you really need to--just make sure it's the right consistency and sweet enough.


For the pizzas, I used store small store bought tortillas. I mashed up a sweet potato and added cayenne pepper, veggie broth, and basil to be the first layer. Sauteed spinach with garlic and onion powder was the second layer. Then I stir fried red pepper, mushrooms, and a zucchini for the third layer. Topped the beauties with sliced tomato and put them in the oven on 400 till toasty. Then I added cheese sauce (nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, veggie broth and corn starch) and sliced avocado.


Off to drink some hot tea,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment