Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hospital Bag - what the heck goes in it?

I really had no idea what to put in my hospital bag, and I probably have a lot of stuff I do not need and am missing stuff I will desperately need. But I did my best. I even watched YouTube videos on the topic.


The one on the left is my food bag and the one on the right is everything else.

All the stuff:


Let's start with the food bag, because that doesn't have too much. My midwife said I'll be allowed to eat, although who knows if I'll feel like eating.

Here's what I'm bringing:
  • Peanut butter crackers
  • Golden berries 
  • Dried cranberries
  • Freeze dried strawberries
  • Apples
  • 2 mason jars filled with fresh coconut water (currently in my freezer)
As you can see I'm bringing mostly easy to digest food, with the exception of the peanut butter crackers. I also plan to hopefully have a last meal at the house before I head to the hospital.

The hospital bag contains:
  • Moltex nappies (natural eco-disposable - and hopefully they work)
  • Gaia bamboo wipes (bio-degradable)
  • Earth Mama Angel baby butt cream
  • Lanisoh nipple cream
  • Hydrogel shields for the boobies
  • Nipple pads
  • Maternity pads
  • Organic lotions (for the Hubs to massage my lower back!)
  • 4 baby outfits in different sizes
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • 1 hat
  • 3 receiving blankets
  • 3 pairs of undies
  • 1 bra
  • 1 breast feeding tank
  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 maxi dress
  • 1 pair of undies for the Hubs
  • 1 paid of running shorts for the Hubs (he may get in the tub with me) 


The other things we'll be bringing are:
  •  computer (for music)
  • fancy camera (for video and pictures)
  • phones
  • snoogle (for comfort - if you're pregnant definitely buy one NOW)
  • ball (in case they don't have one)
  • wallets
I hope I'm not forgetting anything too important, but I think when it comes down to it we'll make do with what we have. If not, we'll ask family to bring us whatever we're missing. If all goes well they said I should be out of the hospital within 6-12hrs after labour. Our midwife program does extensive follow-up at home, which is why there is a shorter hospital stay.

Off to stare at the clock until the baby comes,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment