Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Productive Weekend

It's been a busy time on this side of the world. I've been getting things organized so I can take classes to get my practising certificate, because I'm dying to practice! I really love the law, and can't wait to use my J.D. :) It will be a bit of a process, but you can't fight city hall, as the saying goes. I'll just be grateful that I have a temporary job in the meantime (which may or may not end Aug 1).

In other news, we FINALLY got a vacuum, which got an intense first-run today by the lovely Aussie . . .


Despite the holding-it-like-gun stance, the Aussie is quite domesticated ;) I also was inspired by Angela to make a high-protein breakfast salad. It's a base of quinoa with fresh fruit (I decided on strawberries), nuts (walnuts for me!), and liquid sweetner (maple syrup). I kicked it up a notch with grated coconut. I tasted a sample and it was delish, so hopefully it will be all soaked up in goey maple syrup and fruit juice by tomorrow.




I also made an easy and healthy dish of broccoli, brown rice and "cheesy sauce" (made with nutritional yeast, seasonings, and veggie broth)



I had the most foodgasmic dessert last week that must be shared (and recreated)--banana soft-serve, raw cookie dough, and a dipping sauce of melted choc chips on the side. So intensely good. It killed my sweet tooth for the week :) Definitely not healthy, but healthier than cows milk icecream ;)


This weekend we went to the Queen Victoria Market. I love that place. We *may* have bitten off more than we can chew (literally) with one of our purchases . . .



You're looking at 10 kilos of clementines! I may OD on vitamin C.

Time to veg before bed. Early morning tomorrow--my fabulous sister-in-law is waking up at the crack of dawn to go to bodypump with me and then preparing us dinner later! I won the sister-in-law lottery :)

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment