Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Babymoon - Lake's Entrance

I'm feeling very relaxed after the babymoon. I really like the idea of taking time to have a nice little vacation with your partner before the baby comes. When deciding where to go I knew I didn't want to fly anywhere (I don't think my poor swollen feet could handle it), which meant we were limited to driving distance. I also couldn't do wineries, skiing, or spas, which are all good trips in the area. I wanted to go somewhere I haven't been before which took Great Ocean Road out of the running. Enter Lake's Entrance.


We left early Friday morning and stopped in Melbourne for breakfast then headed to the Lillico Glass Studio.


We bought a beautiful glass plate, a knick knack for the nursery, and some floating birds for my MIL's garden.

I was really glad we decided on a hotel that offered 1 bedroom apartments.




We stayed in this apartment for a few hours, because when I went to have a shower the showerhead flew off!!! The hotel was quick to move us into another apartment (that was slightly bigger) and gave us some chocolate and beers (and a working shower), so it worked out in the end.

Dinner was delicious ghetto Mexican food - you know the type of place that skimps on aesthetics but delivers on flavour.


The weekend was filled with exploring local national parks and beaches.




 

After lots of walking and exploring, we enjoyed a delicious meal at Vibez Cafe. I went with the spicy lentil burger and it was really good. Although I did have to deconstruct it to eat it, because it was massive.


 Weekend highlights also included heated pools, lush bath bombs, and a pedicure


And a lot of random "selfies" ....





It was the perfect little get-away and I loved spending so much quality time with the Aussie. Too bad someone didn't do the food shopping and cleaning while I was gone.

Off to enjoy the last moments of the weekend,

B










No comments:

Post a Comment