Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Creations (New to Me at least)

Happy Saturday!

I just spent a lovely afternoon with the Aussie <3 We woke up and did a five mile walk to a market that wasn't open. It was still nice to be outside in the fresh air (at least that's what I told myself). Then I spent a bit of time at the gym before we went to see Valentine's Day. It was a cute and fun movie.

I made dinner tonight . . . it was . . . you guessed it sausage pizza. I also tried my hand at a vegan hot spinach dip. I took a packet in the store that called for frozen spinach, artichokes, mayonnaise, cream cheese and cheese. I subbed in cooked fresh spinach, veganaise, and tofutti. The verdict--DELISH. I especially liked it with Mary's Gone Crackers (which may be the healthiest and best cracker ever).



And we tasted a pie I made for last week, but never took it out of the freezer. This was a mostly-raw vegan choc pie with avocado as the base. Sadly, we didn't really like the filling part of it, but the crust was tasty. We have plans to use the crust in another dessert ;) It was a combination of nuts and graham crackers.



Here's to hoping Sunday is SLOW :) because we all know I'm not a fan of Monday.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment