Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sickness Be Gone

I am feeling under the weather, which is never good. But I'm sipping on lemon water so hopefully that will help. I bought some organic apples to make a sinfully bad vegan apple crumble, but couldn't find the recipe I wanted. Along the way I came across elanaspantry blog, which had a healthy version. I tucked in my devil ears and pulled out my almond flour. This creation was yummy, but definitely didn't supply the sugarrush I was yearning for. However, I will make it again.


I bought the Aussie a pizza stone for his bday and I was hoping to have amazing pizzas like I had at a vegan potluck not too long ago. However, I was a bit disappointed.



It did not taste good at all, in my opinion. The Aussie said it wasn't bad, but there isn't much that boy wouldn't eat. I took one bite, which I then spit out (in a very ladylike way of course).

I decided to quickly whip up another version. I made a vegan cheese (veggie broth, nutritional yeast, corn starch, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce) and grabbed the leftover homemade tomato sauce (slow roast the tomatoes at 250 for a few hrs, then put them in the food processor with a bit of roasted garlic and a splash of white wine)



This was actually delish. I absolutely adore nutritional yeast!!! If you haven't tried you before you must run right now to the store to pick some up.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment