Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cauliflower Crust?

I found a recipe for Cauliflower crust here http://http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner~y2008m6d4-Cauliflower-Pizza-Crust-Worth-its-Wow-in-Gold (for the life of me I can't figure out how to properly insert a link; hopefully one day I'll learn)

Obviously I had to make some substitutions . . . out went the cow's cheese (you're welcome Cuddly Cows!) and in came Daiya (the Goddess of Vegan Cheeses) . . . out went the egg and in went the chia seeds.



Looks darn crust-like if I do say so myself. It smelled so lovely baking.

Here's a picture of it literally bubbling away in the oven (sorry it's dark). At this point I was referring to myself as a genius ;)


I topped that beauty with a weird pizza combination of sliced tomato, spinach, and mashed avocado . . .




But sadly cauliflower crust was not meant to be :( It was too mushy, but did taste great as a cauliflower bowl. I'm going to try again with another egg substitute!


I'll report back if I manage to create a pizza, but in the meantime give cauliflower bowl a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment