Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vegan Corn Bread

What do you do when you find an amazing recipe that is not vegan? Veganize :) Enter the wonderful, adorable, versatile little gems called Chia Seeds. Pour them into water and they become a bad-ass egg replacement. So far I have used them as "eggs" in cookies, brownies, anddddddddddd CORN BREAD. The recipe called for 1.5 eggs, so I was a bit nervous that my little chias wouldn't be up for the challenge, but I found out they love a challenge.

The recipe is easy-peasy! Combine a box of jiffy corn bread with 4 ounces of vegan sour cream, 1/2 a can of cream corn, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and 1.5 "eggs" (I guess on the ratio of chia/water, but I'd say it's probably 1.5 tablespoons of chia and 1/3cup water. Make sure you let them sit, mixing every minute or so until the texture is egg-like). Melt some Earth Balance and pour it into the bottom of the pan (be generous) then pour in mixture. It will look like this . . .



Then bake in the oven at 350 for 30 mins. Top with more Earth Balance.

Finished product. YUM!



Off to listen to Family Law Lectures (don't be too jealous),

B

No comments:

Post a Comment