Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Baked Potato Heaven

A baked potato, to me, needs to have a crunchy skin and mushy inside to be perfect. I rarely ever make baked potatoes b/c they always fall short in the crunch department--enter earth balance, sea salt, and a grill. Ahh and of course one Aussie who claims that the grill is his territory ;) haha. In actuality it was more of a group effort, but I dominated the potato part. I put it in the microwave for a few minutes (although after reading Kimberly's blog (kimberlysnyder.net) about microwaving I may not do that next time) then I smeared some earth balance all over and added a good amount of salt. I placed it on a piece of aluminum foil, but didn't "wrap" it like many people suggest. We paired it with corn on the cob (eaten off the cob), veggie kabobs, and a smartdog. It was the perfect summer meal.


Also, I tried the box of cookies I picked up at Wholefoods and thought they were pretty tasty, but no Mary Loves Cookies :(

I haven't been filling you in on the exercise front, but I've started :) Tonight was my first time at bodypump (a 60 minute weightlifting class). Wowza! It was intense. I could barely lift my gym bag when it was over. Hopefully I'm not too sore tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment