Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Coconut Choc Oatmeal Cups

I am still studying hard and counting down the weeks till the exam is over and I'm living in Annapolis with the Aussie. Even with the studying, I'm managing to stick to the running (M,W,F) and trying to cut my 5k time. I can't wait to sign-up for my first race. Wed I did a 5k in 32:16. But I'm still doing the run/walk method, so I'm sure as I build up the ability to run more and walk less the time will go down.

Now let's talk about the good stuff--the cups :) These little suckers are darn tasty. They held up pretty well, but I'm hoping they firm up in the freezer a bit more. I put them in the freezer for about 10mins before digging into 1 (ok, ok 2). I used a food processor to blend 3/4 cup of fast-cooking oats with 1/2 cup of ground coconut. Then I added 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar and enough agave to make it sticky. I put the mixture into a bowl with 1/2 cup of choc chips and mixed. Then I pushed the mixture into a cupcake tin. It went into the freezer for a bit and this came out . . .




I also made a lovely colorful feast for lunch. The best thing about eating a veg diet is the color. I made stir-fried bok choy with hemp seeds on top, mango salsa w/ Mary's Gone Crackers (love them!), and a fruit said (peaches, strawberries, apricots, and kiwi). Absolutely delish. Hopefully the lunch and dessert will make Con Law review a bit nicer :( A girl can dream. Off to be productive!



-B

No comments:

Post a Comment