Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

So Sore

You know it's going to be bad when you're sore before class is even over. Bodypump kicked my tush. Here I am two days later still in pain. But no pain, no gain :) In other exercising news, I have been using Garmi (aka Garmin 305) for walks and walk/runs, and absolutely adore him. He makes life so much easier. I'm planning to do runs on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. I started this Thurs. It was a walk with running spurts, but eventually it will be a run with walking spurts and then finally (hopefully) one day a full on run! Running is a humbling experience. It's hard to be so bad at something. Everyone talks about how they felt when they first started running, but few talk about it as they go through with it. I think I know why. Fear. There is a huge fear of failure when you begin a running program. Even though everyone reads stories of how people started out slow and gradually became a runner, it's hard to believe that one day that could be *you*. So here I am putting all the fear aside and saying we can do it. I will lace up my shoes tomorrow and fight the fear. I hope you do the same.

Because no post is complete without some eats . . .

I recently had a delish berry smoothie. I have been off green smoothies for awhile. **shocking** I will get back to them at some point. In the meantime I wanted to jump back on the smoothie bandwagon with a berry one--mixed berries, hemp protein, ice, rice milk. Absolutely refreshing



I've also been eating this every morning . . .



And a new favorite is broc, meatless meatballs, spinach, and spag sauce.



Tomorrow I'll share my secret for making desserts a little healthier.

Till Then,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment