Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Body pump

Body pump is my go-to for a good weight lifting session (okay, it's the only way I'm lifting weights these days). I first discovered body pump in law school in 2008 and since then I've had phases of loving it and hating it. I'm currently in a loving phase and try to make it twice a week.


Body pump involves working each body part for the length of a song - warm-up, quads, chest, back, triceps, biceps, hamstrings, shoulders, abs. It's always in the same order, which when I'm in the "hate" phase makes for a long hour session, but lately the class has been going by really fast. From the Les Mills website it states that you can do up to 800 repetitions with 70-100 per body part. 

What I love about the class is that you really start to notice increased strength with the moves. Lately I've been noticing that I'm getting stronger with the tricep moves and the lunges. Lunges are something I want to train myself to love (seriously, is there a way to love the ahh-it-burns?). I'm a fan of the squats and really like some of the super intense shoulder tracks. I dislike when the instructor sings.

When we move I'm not planning to join a gym, because the one in our area has really inconvenient hours. I'm hoping that I can buy some weights and get into a good home-based weight lifting routine.

The Workout

Today I went to body pump and walked 5ks

Off to clean the house,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment