Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kale, oh how I love thee (in chip form)

Kale is something I never had growing up, but it's big in the health community and it's darn tasty as a "chip." I don't have a dehydrator, but that doesn't stop me from making a mean kale chip. Today I made a batch with nutritional yeast, oil, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper.

In the bowl of deliciousness . . .



Baked up . . .



Close up . . .



A good tip is to use scissors to clip the kale from the stem. After I inhaled most of them, I begrudgingly shared with the Aussie.

I've blogged about the kale chips before, but I didn't use nutritional yeast and I must say nutrional yeast adds an intense yummy factor. I also used the red colored kale, instead of the intense dark green type. I think I prefered it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment