Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sticky when overcooked

Today I prepared a lovely dinner for the Aussie and I. For the appetizer we had greens with sliced strawberries and a balsamic glaze. This was my first time making a glaze, and I definitely overcooked it. It stuck to our teeth and was super thick. I had a difficult time getting it on the salad. But it did taste good, so I'll give it another try soon.


For the main I used a microwave bag from Wholefoods of quinoa & brown rice (super delish and easy) and added roasted veggies with black and pinto beans.


The roasted mushrooms were amazing.

Dessert was a raw cheesecake with a pecan crust. For the cheesecake part I used agave, coconut flakes, cashews, lemon juice, and coconut milk. The crust was pecans, dates, coconut flakes and water. Cheesecake is easy to make and I'm sure you can use a ton of different ingredients. I love that it has no sugar and no dairy :)



Off to watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid and drink tea,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment