Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stalking, It's What I Do

Today has been a pretty fabulous day of eats as I stalk the front door (waiting for my Susan Nichole handbags!). I made oatmeal with grilled banana for brekky. I definitely suggest grilling a banana for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert. I think it would be great with toasted walnuts and a drizzle of choc (made from melted coconut oil and cocoa powder)


Lunch was an appetizer of carrots/honeycrisp apple slices. Honeycrisp apples are by far the best I have ever had. Be sure to buy organic to avoid wax and it's one of the fruits/veggies that are really terrible for pesticide content, if you don't buy organic.


The main was red quinoa, pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, tofu and a coconut sauce. It was a little bland. It was my first time cooking quinoa, and I used water but in hindsight I'd use veggie broth for more flavor. I'm trying to explore new grains, and quinoa definitely makes a nice meal.


For dessert I finally made the macaroons from Healthy Hoggin. WOW that rocked my world. Seriously run out and buy the ingredients to make these suckers.


I made a small batch--I used 8 ounces of coconut, in total--and it made 9 large 'roons. They are *close* to the amazingness that is OneLuckyDuck 'roons, but the texture wasn't as good (could be b/c I used the oven method).

Off to the gym,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment