Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Pasta Craving Satified Without Pasta

The other night I was craving pasta, but ended up eating something else. I knew the craving would not go away unless it was appeased, but my typical pasta meal is not particularly healthy--white pasta, red sauce, lots of garlic bread and no veggies. Tonight I decided to trick the pasta monster by using my favorite pasta sauce (Ragu) to turn veggies into beauty. I did opt to keep with the garlic bread tradition, but went very light on the earthbalance, removed the insides of the bread and picked a wheat bread instead of a white.

For the veggies, I decided on eggplant, broccoli, and tomatoes.


After roasting . . .


And of course the glorious garlic pieces of heaven . . .


Next time you get a craving for something unhealthy, find a way to make it healthy :) Your tummy will thank-you.

In other news, I got a pair of new-to-me shoes from Plato's Closet. This place sells gently used clothes/shoes/handbags, and had many good deals. Fall weather is here,so start the fall shopping :)



We're off to the Jersey shore tomorrow, so I'll see you at the end of the weekend.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment