Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whitewater Kayaking

The Aussie & I spent the weekend 4hrs away in Ohiopyle camping with another couple. We camped in a PA State Park and the campground was lovely, but our site was not. It was very tiny and uneven. Sleeping on a steep incline is not comfortable, in case you were wondering. The weather Saturday was 65, so we were nervous about the whitewater kayaking lesson we had scheduled, but it wasn't too bad. Whitewater kayaking is intense, and the Aussie fell in love. I really liked it too, although I did roll over going down a rapid which was scary. It's much more exciting than whitewater rafting.

Here's the waterfall we went over . . .


Ok, I kid :) We didn't go over this beast. We did go through Class II rapids, though.

In other news, I picked up a copy of Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston and I decided to try the fast--basically giving up sugar, white flour, alcohol. I'll let you know how it goes.

Today's lunch (Kathy approved) was multigrain veggie sushi


Wholefoods makes awesome sushi.

Off to start stuffing the invitations,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment