Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday Camping

Since my 25th birthday I have made an effort to go somewhere to celebrate another year. Some trips have been big like a seven-day cruise to Greece, Croatia, and Italy and some have been small. This was a small one. With all that went on this year, small was needed. Since I'm new to Victoria, I figured the best trip would be a camping trip. We decided on Queenscliff, which is about 1.5hrs from Melbourne.


Problem 1--the location. The Aussie picked a campground on right on the cliff. Sounds lovely, right? Well the views left something to be desired.


We *may* have been the only tent campers around. We still had fun exploring.






The weather was surprisingly rain-free, which hasn't been the case in Victoria for awhile (or so it seems). And the company was great :)



Time to clean the kitchen. Tomorrow I'll be sharing an amazing milkshake recipe that's healthy!

-B

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I found your blog through a comment you left on Fitnessista today... it caught my attention because you said you recently moved to Australia. :o) My husband and I are planning our first trip to Australia for a week in September. We're staying in Melbourne the whole time, plus a few day trips to the surrounding areas. If you have any recommendations like restaurants, things to do, etc... I'd love to get your thoughts! We have travel guides, of course, but I prefer insider info when I can get it. :o) My email is meesh9582[at]gmail[dot]com if you get a chance! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete