Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Salsa That Will Make You Say OMG

I have never been a fan of store-bought salsa, and often times I find myself less-than-thrilled with the version served at Mexican places. Enter the home-made salsa that will make even an onion-hater a fan. This isn't my recipe, but I got it from my mom who got it from a friend and I don't know where she got it from :) All I do know is that it puts a smile on my face and it's easy. **win-win** It's especially easy if you have a chopper (Hi, Aussie!)


Perfect Salsa

6-8 tomatoes diced
1 green bell pepper diced
3 jalapenos diced
1 med onion diced
1 tsp. pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
cilantro-diced
garlic diced

I have used this salsa to mix with quinoa for a quick and healthy snack. But the best way is definitely in a home-made veggie bowl (think Chiptotle but cheaper). I started with a wrap, and I would suggest a thinner wrap for a more crispy factor (mine was thin and only 70 calories). I sprayed it with a bit of oil and baked it on the oven until it was crispy.

Then just top with what you want.




No bowl is complete without a scope of guac **drools**


This meal is fast to prepare but still looks lovely on the plate. The Aussie and I kept saying how good it was in-between shoving large mouthfuls of said yumminess into our mouths. It.WILL.be.repeated.

Reading time on this end. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet is definitely a good read so far.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment