Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oatmeal Overload

When a girl has muffins what comes next--oats :) I am not an oatmeal lover, more like an oatmeal liker. However, when oatmeal gets its seksi on with a muffin, then I am an oatmeal lover.

Naked oatmeal . . .


Perhaps naked is the wrong wording. These oats had sliced apple, walnuts, cinnamon, and rice milk in them.

All dolled up . . .


Good texture + Good Flavor = Oatmeal Overload (aka the perfect bowl)!

In failure news, I attempted brown coconut rice in the rice cooker. It didn't cook properly. I even attempted to let it cook longer in hopes of saving it. No such luck. Enter the Aussie :) He was sweet enough to head down to pick up some rice from a local Indian place. Since he was already going there he *had* to pick-up roti too ;)

This was my first time attempting an Indian Dish. I used a few different recipes as guidelines but relied mostly on taste. The base was coconut milk, curry powder, garam masala (key to the success), salt, pepper, and cayenne. For the veggies, I used pumpkin (I told you we were obsessed) and peas. I also did a quick roasted cherry tomato side. Roasted tomatoes are so easy and delicious.


I'm taking my curry belly into bed to cuddle up with my latest book.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment