Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Candy err Protein Bars

Protein Bars can be a healthy part of your diet, especially when they're homemade, which also helps the wallet! Averie from Loves Veggies & Yoga has a fabulous recipe that I used to make the bars below. That can be found here :
http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2010/01/vegan-peanut-butter-choc-chip-protein.htm

The best part about the recipe is you can easily make it your own. I added three bananas, a lot less oats, raisins, coconut, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp protein powder, maple syrup, and of course a few choc chips.

It turned out like this after it was in the freezer for around 2 hrs


Then I just sliced and wrapped


I made eight bars from each block (one block for me and one for the Aussie, his didn't have choc chips)


I spent under 50 cents per bar, which is awesome for quality protein bars that taste like candy bars. I keep mine in the freezer to help keep them together, since I didn't use as many oats. And it tastes amazing straight from the freezer into my tummy. Check out Averie's site for lots of other quick treats!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment