Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekend in Review

I spent the weekend entertaining two girlfriends from New Jersey. It was filled with far too much junk and drinks, but was a good time. I made the cupcakes pictured below for my friends birthday; I used the basic vanilla cupcake recipe and buttercream frosting recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I made the Spicy Peanut and Eggplant soup from Veganomicon. Wow was it amazing! Me and the Aussie just couldn't stop eating it. And I made a zucchini soup with a recipe my friend Karen gave me (but I added ginger and hot pepper for a bit of a kick). And I made spaghetti squash for the first time. It certainly looked cool when I was scooping it out. I haven't tried it yet, but the Aussie did. He said it was a bit bland, so I may have to find a way to spice it up (he ate it with spaghetti sauce and veggies).












I hope everyone is having a fabulous week :)

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment