Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Soup

Ever feel as though all your work is for nothing? I spent the day in the kitchen and wasn't overly thrilled with any of my creations. I decided to make the famous black bean brownies, but was disappointed with both the flavor and the smell. Then I decided to make African Peanut Butter Soup for dinner. After I began eating it I realized I wasn't in the mood for it. I can be really picky with my food cravings. I'll still share the photos though and the recipe for the soup. I included rice balls with mine; to make rice balls all you have to do is overcook the boil in a bag (20-30 mins instead of 10) and then clump into balls.

African Peanut Butter Soup (my roommate from Ghana shared this recipe and I changed it a bit)

20 ounces of veggie broth
4 ounces of tomato paste
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste

Add all the ingredients in a pot and heat. Use a whisk to constantly stir as it heat. Serve over rice balls.







At least tomorrow is Friday and I have two of my girlfriends coming to visit. I'll be baking up a storm!

Till Then,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment