Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mistakes Can Taste Good

Last night I was in a rush to make dinner and put WAY TOO much xantham gum into the "cheese" sauce, and I thought the meal was destroyed. I furiously added water until it thinned a bit, but it was still really, really thick. Surprising it turned out fabulous when I added the shredded daiya cheese, rice, red pepper and broccoli. It was a repeat of the broccoli and rice dish I made last week, but with pepper added.



It was eaten quickly, but thoroughly enjoyed before the dance lesson.

Today was spent at the Renaissance Fair in Annapolis, MD. It was much more fun than we could have anticipated.

We saw glass blowing . . .


We played games . . .



Gabe won (as per usual) . . .


Wine tasting? Check.


Honey tasting? Yepper.


Live shows? Of course!


And jousting (I'm not sure how I feel about this because of the horses. I don't know if this is closer to a riding competition or horse and carriage treatment. I need to research it a bit).


A picture of what the area looked like . . .


All in all it was a lot of fun. I definitely recommend going to one if you have a chance.

In wedding news, we received our wedding guestbook. We are really pleased with how it turned out. We ordered it online through mixbook, and if you want a nice professional photobook definitely check them out.



After a long day it's time to veg on this end,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment