Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ch - ch - chia!

I first heard about chia pudding on Kristen's blog several years ago, and I filed it under "oh, I should try that" but never did ... until last night.

I was inspired by a recipe but changed it a fair bit.

Into a wine glass (because dessert should always be glammed up) went:

Rice milk
Peaches
Chia Seed
Passionfruit
Coconut flakes



After you mix everything, then let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

After it set:


The best thing about chia pudding is that you can put whatever you want into it (and in any amount you desire).

The seeds swell to approximately 10 times their size when placed in liquid and are a complete source of protein. They're also a great source of fiber and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids which play a vital role in brain function, as well as decrease inflammation and may reduce the risk of heart disease.

If you want to read more about chia seeds, then head here and here.

I'm off to grab a coffee with a friend, and I hope it looks like this:


The coffee in Australia is a million times better than America, and I have absolutely no clue why.

Off to enjoy the day,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment