Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Weekend

This weekend we were rebels and completely changed up our juice - it doesn't even include beets (pretty shocking stuff). We decided to make a green juice. I have had green smoothies, but never green juice. Truthfully, my green smoothies were very fruity (hello, pineapple & mango) and the greens were spinach so they always tasted pretty tropical (fun fact - my roommate in law school used to get asked about the weird green drinks I brought to class).

The goods:


Rainbow chard, spinach, 2 granny smith apples and a lime.

The juice was intense (as you can see below), but it wasn't too bad.


After inhaling the juice, we packed up for a weekend at the beach. My in-laws just purchased an amazing motor home with plenty of space for all the intruding kids.


The campground was right on the beach, so the Aussie and I got to relax while looking at this view:


On Saturday I went to my first ever golf tournament - the Victoria Open. It may have been the absolute best one to go to, because we weren't stuck behind ropes and instead allowed to follow the players up the fairway. I basically pretended I was playing as I cruised my way closer to the hole. 

I may have pushed my luck with the sun on Sunday because we were at the beach for a few hours and I apparently forgot to reapply on my thighs so they're looking a bit crispy. The water was cool, but refreshing. I even rode a few waves on the boogie board. Fortunately the in-laws brought theirs, because we neglected to bring ours (I blame the Aussie who was too busy worrying about golf). But we're heading back for another beach weekend on Friday, and this time the boogie board and the skim board will be packed.

Today I decided to walk to the Prahran Market to see if I could score some organic greens (seriously I wish Coles would just start selling them). Okay, I may have also been interested in checking out Mr Nice Guy's Bake shop. But atlas it wasn't meant to be, because the market is closed on Monday.

Instead I walked back home and had a fabulous new favourite creation of sourdough toast with peanut butter and banana with local honey drizzled on top. I will certainly be recreating this meal.


Lunch was an unpictured tempeh sandwich, since I have taken a lot of pictures of my tempeh sandwiches and they are all the same - toast, mayo, avocado, tomato, spinach, and tempeh.

Dinner will involve a juice (featuring beets - hey you didn't expect me to keep neglecting them) and whatever else I can find in the pantry. Some days you feel motivated, and some you do not.

Today also included some job applications, so send some good vibes my way!  

The Workout

I did a 3k walk. Workouts this week are going to minimal, and it killed me today not going to bodypump. Sometimes you have to do what's best for your health, even if it isn't best for your mental sanity.

Off to organise the mess that is my apartment,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment