Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Rolling Old School

It's hot over here. As in seriously hot. As in so hot the stores are selling melted butter (I kid you not). The Aussie was a champ and started our day on a healthy note (trust me it doesn't end on one). We decided to mix up the juice combination with a bit of spice and greens.

Hello, ginger and silverbeet (which I think is a cousin of kale).


That piece of ginger may look small, but it packs a punch.


Look at all those colours (oh and ignore that huge ass sweet potato which looks kinda awkward).


It doesn't look pretty, but it was delicious.

We ended the night by rolling with an old school dessert. I had a half of a bag of marshmallows and was browsing the internet for different recipes (i.e. no rice krispy treats) and consulting the BFF.  And she convinced me to go with a classic, albeit slightly altered. S'mores!

I have loved s'mores since I was little, roasting marshmallows on an open fire, and even spent time microwaving the beauties in the BFF's dorm room. She was crazy and even let me eat them in her bed (probably because seating in a dorm room is limited). It wasn't necessarily a good idea - melted chocolate can resemble other things when dropped.

Australia doesn't have graham crackers (at least as far as I'm aware), so I swapped the cracker with a cookie. I went with a plain cookie and the result was terrifically tasty and the opposite of photogenic.


Dandies are the best vegan marshmallows ever! Strike that. They are the best marshmallows full stop.

Hope everyone is having a chocolate-filled weekend!

Off to movie watch,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment